Skip to main content

Finished Painting Our Vintage House Yellow


vintage yellow house cape cod
Yay, we are finished painting!  The exterior of our house is now a cheerful yellow with a crisp white trim. 

The dormers were probably the hardest part of the house to paint.  The roof is pitched pretty steep along the front, which meant that to paint the dormers we had to sit on the roof while holding onto the boom lift so we didn't fall off!  It was also excessively hot up there during the recent heat wave.  But we got out there regardless of the hot weather and got it done.  

Every muscle in my body is aching.  My hands and arms hurt the most from gripping the sander and the paint brush for eight days in a row.  I don't want to hold another paint brush for a long, long time.

Now that the painting is done, we have moved on to other projects including harvesting and preserving cherries, blueberries, garlic, peas, broccoli, fava beans and all kinds of other things from our garden.  We also need to check on the bees.  Blackberries are flowering and so we are hoping the bees have found the huge patches of wild blackberries just down the road.  We need to do a hive inspection soon and maybe add the honey supers and queen excluders to the tops of the hives.  More to come soon!